Top 5 Best Throat Sprays For Singers
Top 5 Best Throat Sprays For Singers
Looking For The Best Throat Spray For Singers?
Here’s a look at our favorites, including our top pick the – Singer’s Saving Grace Professional Strength – Alcohol Free.
# 1 Best Throat Spray For Singers
If you’re a singer, you’re going to have a lifetime battle with dry, sore throats. Believe me, I understand the frustration! Nothing is worse than facing a crowd of smiling faces who are eager to hear you perform, and all you can give them in return is a hoarse voice (or worse—no voice at all).
That’s especially problematic if you’re part of a band that relies on your voice, as your sore throat affects their ability to perform, too. That’s why we put together our list of the best throat spray for singers.
Fortunately, a good regimen of natural throat products before, during, and after performances can prevent that from happening.
What to look for in a good throat spray for singers
There are a number of throat sprays, lozenges, and teas that you can use to treat dry and sore throats. For the purpose of this conversation, we’re going to focus on throat sprays. As you’re looking at the different throat sprays that are available online, here are a few things to look for in a:
- Slippery elm & licorice – these herbal remedies are renowned for soothing a sore throat
- Ginger root – helps to clear mucus from your throat
- Yerba mansa root – treats inflamed mucous membranes, swollen gums, and sore throats
- Osha root – supports the respiratory system
- Alcohol and menthol – watch out for throat sprays with these ingredients, as they are known to dry out the throat and can cause further damage
Singer’s Saving Grace Professional Strength throat spray has been delivering comfort to singers with sore throats for more than 24 years. It works quickly to loosen, thin, and clear mucus buildup, ultimately protecting and fortifying throat tissues to increase resistance and resilience. It is also proven to improve throat circulation. Here’s a few features to consider about this best throat spray for singers.
- Alcohol free
- Active ingredients: Yerba Mansa root, Stoneroot, Licorice root, Jack-in-the-pulpit root, Osha root, Echinacea Angustifolia root, and Ginger root
Singer’s Saving Grace also comes in an extra-strength version if you need a little extra kick. It’s an herbal medicine, so it’s ideal for sore throats (rather than a throat that’s just dry or irritated). This spray has a small amount of alcohol to numb and soothe your throat, and it includes Propolis (aka bee glue), a natural product of honey bees that’s used to heal wounds and fight bacteria.
The herbal medicine also promotes vocal comfort and clarity by moistening and lubricating your throat tissues. Here’s a few features to consider about this best throat spray for singers.
- Contains alcohol
- Active ingredients: Yerba Mansa root, Stoneroot, Licorice root, Jack-in-the-pulpit root, Propolis gum, Echinacea Angustifolia root, Ginger root, and Osha root
Entertainer’s Secret Throat Relief Spray is designed to replicate natural mucosal secretions and naturally lubricate, humidify, and moisturize the mucus membranes in your larynx and throat.
As such, it’s especially useful for dealing with excessively dry throats and hoarse voices. Entertainer’s Secret is proven to restore vocal quality, quickly, safely and effectively. You’ll know it’s working when you feel a cool, comforting tingle the moment you spray it. Here’s a few features to consider about this best throat spray for singers.
- Supplements your throat’s natural moisturizers to provide soothing comfort
- No alcohol, dyes, or numbing anesthetics
- Fat free, sugar free, and gluten free
Vocal Eze was developed specifically for singers with the help of artists from Sony Music Nashville and the CMA Awards. In fact, Vocal Eze is officially endorsed by Tim McGraw, Joss Stone, and Rob Thomas.
The all-natural spray is ideal for sore throats and excessive dryness and is proven to soothe and lubricate your throat. It’s great for overused, strained vocal cords, and it can also be used to prevent damage to your throat the moment you start to feel that familiar tightness in your throat. Here’s a few features to consider about this best throat spray for singers.
- 100% natural, herbal solution with no artificial flavors or preservatives
- Active ingredients include Honey, Ginger, Aloe, Echinacea, Osha root, and Marshmallow root
- Alcohol-free, so it provides relief without drying out your throat
This herbal spray by Banyan Botanicals appeals to the Ayurveda tradition of treating an excess of kapha in the body. Without diving into a full discussion of Ayurveda and the three doshas, all you need to understand is that mucus buildup and a sore throat are signs of an excess level of kapha in the body.
Throat Soother therefore seeks to heal your throat and clear the mucus by eliminating the excess kapha from your throat and airways. Whether you believe in the Ayurveda tradition or not, this herbal spray does a great job of rejuvenating the throat and promoting vocal clarity. Here’s a few features to consider about this best throat spray for singers.
- Boosts the immune system to naturally fight your sore throat
- Alcohol-free base of glycerin and honey
- Certified USDA Organic
- Slippery elm and licorice to lubricate and soothe the throat
- Turmeric and clove to bolster the immune system and comfort your throat
- Ginger and fennel to clear the mucus
- Peppermint leaf oil for a soothing tingle
Let’s circle back to the start of our conversation—throat problems are inevitable for singers, but a good regimen of natural throat products before, during, and after your performances can keep your throat clear and protected. Based on the products that we’ve discussed, here’s how I’d recommend using one of our choices for the best throat spray for singers.:
- Before your performance – use the Banyan Botanicals throat spray with slippery elm to coat and protect your throat, and use the Singer’s Saving Grace Professional Strength to clear your throat of mucus that could adversely affect your tonality
- During your performance – in addition to keeping your throat properly hydrated with plenty of water, use the Entertainer’s Secret spray to combat dryness and avoid vocal blowout
- After your performance – apply Vocal Eze to reduce swelling and rawness, soothe your throat, and gently heal any damage incurred during your performance
Keep in mind that the sensitive tissues of the throat tend to offer the first sign that the immune system is under stress or is compromised, so you need to learn to feel the difference between a dry, uncomfortable throat versus a sick, sore throat. If you’re sick, using herbal sprays may not effectively treat the underlying problem. In such cases, you should consult with your physician to see if any medication is necessary.